Sharon Sisneros- Committee Chair
Union Plus Scholarship
- Amounts range from $500 to $4,000. These one-time cash awards are for study beginning in the Fall of 2019 Students may re-apply each year.
- Current and retired members of participating unions, their spouses and their dependent children (as defined by IRS regulations). At least one year of continuous union membership by the applicant, applicant's spouse or parent (if applicant is a dependent). The one year membership minimum must be satisfied by May 31, 2019.
- Applications are available starting in mid-June, and a complete application must be received on or before 12:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on January 31, 2019. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- For more information and to apply online visit https://www.unionplus.org/benefits/money/union-plus-scholarships
CWA Joe Beirne Scholarship Program
- Sixteen partial scholarships of $4,000 are being offered for the 2019/2020 school year
- CWA members, their spouses, children and grand children may apply
- Deadline is April 30, 2019
- For more information and to apply online visit http://www.cwa-union.org/pages/beirne
Nettworth Financial Group Scholarship
The Rudy and Betty Schware Scholarship
Available to qualified Seniors in high school, students in college or trade school.
The following conditions will apply for this grant:
- All Local 7777 members in good standing with our Local not covered by tuition aid in their contract.
- Children and grandchildren of all members of Local 7777. The parent/grandparent or guardian must be a member in good standing.
- The applicant may select or, currently attend any accredited university, college, or trade school of his or her choice.
- The student must have passing grades and the application must be accompanied by two (2) letters of recommendation from a mentor, tutor, or employer.
- Our application form and the letters of recommendation MUST be postmarked on or before Friday, August 30, 2019.
- Applicant must submit an essay of a minimum of 500 words to a maximum of 1000 words on the following topic:
“Are Unions still important to maintain the middle class in the United States, and if so, Why?.”
Recommendation Letter Form