Union Plus Scholarship
CWA Joe Beirne Scholarship Program
- Sixteen partial scholarships of $4,000 are being offered for the 2019/2020 school year
- CWA members, their spouses, children and grand children may apply
- Deadline is April 30, 2020
- For more information and to apply online visit http://www.cwa-union.org/pages/beirne
Nettworth Financial Group Scholarship
The Rudy and Betty Schware Scholarship
Available to qualified Seniors in high school, students in college or trade school.
The following conditions will apply for this grant:
- All Local 7777 members in good standing with our Local not covered by tuition aid in their contract.
- Children and grandchildren of all members of Local 7777. The parent/grandparent or guardian must be a member in good standing.
- The applicant may select or, currently attend any accredited university, college, or trade school of his or her choice.
- The student must have passing grades and the application must be accompanied by two (2) letters of recommendation from a mentor, tutor, or employer.
- The student must be attending any accredited university, college, or trade school during the 2020/2021 school year.
- Our application form and the letters of recommendation MUST be postmarked on or before Friday,
September 4, 2020. The deadline as been extended to September 18, 2020.
- Applicant must submit an essay of a minimum of 500 words to a maximum of 1000 words on the following topic: “Why did the American Federation of Labor (AFL) and the Congress of Industrial Organizations (CIO) merge?”